Kimmie Weeks has had extensive experience working across multiple sectors including the private, public and NGO sectors. Here are some of his achievements in each of these sectors.
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Liberia Water & Sewer Corporation:
- Financially stabilized the corporation
- Increased water production capacity from 4 million gallons a day to 16 million gallons a day
- Increased production days and hours from rationed distribution to dependable service for 12-18 hours a day/7 days a week
- Revised and submitted for passage into law amendments to the 1973 LWSC act, which was passed into law in 2017.
- Fully renovated and dedicated water treatment plants in Kakata, Buchanan, Robertsport, Weala and Zwedru
- Broke ground to build new water treatment plants in Voinjama, and Sanniquellie
- Oversaw negotiations and signing for a US $10 million World Bank loan to connect more community and customers
- Launched a US $250,000 project to connect customers in rural county capitals who would otherwise not afford to be connected
- Negotiated funding, broke ground and started work on the construction of a US $ 2.5 million booster station at Airfiled, Fish market
- Renovation and dedication of a fully renovated White Plains Water Treatment plant, bringing it up to pre-war capacity.
- Developed debt reduction plan to reduce the corporations debt and liabilities from over US$10 million in 2012 to less then US$2 million in 2017
- Inherited a corporation with less than US$10,000 in bank accounts and left excess of US$400,000
Corporate Communications Strategist, Cellcom and Orange Liberia
- Manged all media, media relations, press affairs and publicity for major Liberian GSM company.
- Proposed strategies for market penetration
- Key role in supporting overall growth of the company’s brand and base
- Supported efforts to expand coverage to hard to reach areas across the country.
- Supported the delivery of corporate social responsibility programs especially those targeting young people.
Director of Africa Logistics, Clinical Research Management
- Managed all on “boots on the ground “operations for multi-million dollar program conducting research on Ebola and Lassa Fever in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
- Formed part of high level team representing interest of the corporation at major medical conferences abroad
- Conducted and facilitated negotiations with governments of Liberia and Guinea to ensure safe trials of ebola vaccinations and the secure hosting of Zmapp the drug used to treat ebola patients.
- Arranged and donated thousands of dollars worth of medical supplied and equipment to various government hospitals in Liberia
Founder & Executive Director, Youth Action International
- Founder and Executive Director international humanitarian organization which has executed projects in Burundi, Ghana, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Uganda
- Organizations program has impacted more then 200,000 people across the six countries
- Built a school for 800 children in Harbel
- Provided scholarships to over 400 students
- Funded and implemented several computer training centers/programs
- Funded and implemented several vocational training centers for women
- Funded and implemented the distribution of thousands of water filters
- Funded and implemented the training of teachers and provision of specialized materials and supplies for early childhood education providers
- Implemented literacy and mentoring clubs for young women
- Funded several orphanages and agriculture programs
- Donated thousands of dollars in medical, educational and recreational supplies for children and young people