BELOW IS A SUMMARY OF KIMMIE’S LEGISLATIVE PLATFORM, WHICH WILL FOCUS PRIMARILY ON EDUCATION, HEALTH AND ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT.
- Annual increment in the budget for education with special focus on early childhood and vocational training
- Strengthen Free and compulsory primary education law.
- Lobby for the prioritization of funding for teacher training and improved salaries for public school teachers
- Establishment of an all-female vocational training center
- Creation of a National Youth Service Program
- Annual increment in the budget for health with special focus on referral hospitals and community-based clinics
- Classify health care as a major priority and mandate 100% disbursement of the health budget
- The ensure budget allocation to build a health facility for people with physical challenges especially children
- Fund and require major garbage landfills like Wein Town to have a facility to process waste to be use as compost and eventually for plastics to be recycled.
- Require businesses to provide internship/job training opportunities to high school and college students
- Agriculture incentives and subsidies for farmers producing on more than 5 acres of land
- Advocate for broader support for tourism, which will create more jobs
- Reduce interest on microloans institution to attract them to Liberia
- Strengthen and propose legislation that help small and medium businesses start and grow
- Reduce and place a cap on the salaries of all legislators and reinvest the savings in education, health and the creation of jobs
- Require regular audits of the Legislature before each election cycle, to ensure transparency and accountability
- Support referendum to shorten the terms for Senators and Representatives
- Hold broad based consultations and support bills to protect girls and women
- Advocate for a budget line item to support the development of the arts (music and movies)
- Advocate for a budget line item for the creation of a national athletic sports training center